Oklahoma men's basketball: Frosh trio looking to just improve and keep on winning
Je'lon Hornbeak, Buddy Hield and Isaiah Cousins are three young basketball players looking for more competition to destroy. Next up is Arkansas in Fayetteville.
“Our hope is to slow down as a team,” Hornbeak said. “When they really want us to speed things up, we tend to get out of control.”
Speeding things up is exactly what Arkansas is known for doing with teams. They like making teams play too fast, and they've surely seen on film how Oklahoma fell into the trap against Northwestern State (La.), Oral Roberts and Texas-Arlington.
“It's going to be a task,” Hornbeak said. “I'm not going to say it's going to be a walk in the park.”
If Oklahoma happens to fall into a speed game, it will need one of two things to happen. First, a point guard will need to grab the ball, hold it and tell the team to slow down, like Hornbeak did against ORU. Second, the Sooners will need to continue to hit critical shots, like Hornbeak did with his 3-pointer against Northwestern State that swung the momentum back in the Sooners' favor.
“We all want the same thing,” Cousins said about why Three The Har' Way works. “We have one goal. We want to win.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 87104Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16817OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12528Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9682Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8846Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation