Oklahoma men's basketball: OU students pack four sections for game vs. Longhorns
In the last two minutes, with the Sooners leading by 10 points, the sections started chanting, “Just like football.”
Videoview all videos
Jan 22OU shoots 48.1 percent against Texas, the best defensive...
Jan 22Sooners senior Romero Osby scored a career-high 29...
Photoview all 13 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Both teams played a cleaner second half. Texas only committed two turnovers, while Oklahoma tacked on five.
Freshman forward Isaiah Cousins started off the season as a starter and moved to a reserve, but on Monday night he had a big contribution to the Sooners in minutes.
Cousins played minutes 17 minutes. Four of the five starters played more than 30 minutes. Senior guard Steven Pledger played the fewest amount among starters with 16.
Cousins had three rebounds, one assist and one block.
THE NEXT THREE
Saturday at Kansas at 3 p.m.
Jan. 30 at Baylor at 6 p.m.
Feb. 2 vs. Kansas State at 5 p.m.
*A snippet of Martin Luther King Jr.'s “I Have A Dream” speech was played before the start of the game in honor of King's vision.
* “Quick change,” a magician couple who changed outfits quickly, was the halftime show.
*Oklahoma had their most amount of points in the paint with 34.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12287Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11384Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6956Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6508Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4900Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4357OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3734Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law