Oklahoma men's basketball: Sooners hold off Ohio
Oklahoma defeated Ohio, a Sweet 16 team from last season, 74-63 at home in the Sooners' first game since a crushing loss to Stephen F. Austin 11 days earlier.
NewsOK Related Articles
Ohio had started to slowly creep back into the game, eventually cutting Oklahoma's lead to only four points.
Then Hield grabbed a steal. The ball made its way to Isaiah Cousins, who put the ball up for Clark to finish with a dunk.
On the next play, Hield grabbed the defensive rebound and passed it down low to Clark, who slammed it down for another dunk. Clark finished with eight points.
“That's what Cam does,” M'Baye said. “He gets the crowd going, the bench going.”
The players said it was the first victory where they really felt like they played as a unit. Pledger led OU in scoring with 18 points, while M'Baye and Osby each added 16.
“It makes you feel good to know that your team, everybody is coming into his own and becoming more confident,” Osby said. “I think it was a team effort all week in practice. We really shared the ball better, talked on defense better and went after rebounds together better.
“That will be huge when we get to the Big 12 because it is a team game, and when we are all playing well and working for each other, it's always a good feeling.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 30214Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19534Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7073OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6093Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5026OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4433Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3498Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater