Oklahoma men's basketball: Sooners hold off Ohio
Oklahoma defeated Ohio, a Sweet 16 team from last season, 74-63 at home in the Sooners' first game since a crushing loss to Stephen F. Austin 11 days earlier.
NewsOK Related Articles
Ohio had started to slowly creep back into the game, eventually cutting Oklahoma's lead to only four points.
Then Hield grabbed a steal. The ball made its way to Isaiah Cousins, who put the ball up for Clark to finish with a dunk.
On the next play, Hield grabbed the defensive rebound and passed it down low to Clark, who slammed it down for another dunk. Clark finished with eight points.
“That's what Cam does,” M'Baye said. “He gets the crowd going, the bench going.”
The players said it was the first victory where they really felt like they played as a unit. Pledger led OU in scoring with 18 points, while M'Baye and Osby each added 16.
“It makes you feel good to know that your team, everybody is coming into his own and becoming more confident,” Osby said. “I think it was a team effort all week in practice. We really shared the ball better, talked on defense better and went after rebounds together better.
“That will be huge when we get to the Big 12 because it is a team game, and when we are all playing well and working for each other, it's always a good feeling.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 13567Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 12400Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims