Oklahoma men's basketball: Sooners open with rout of Louisiana-Monroe
Stephen Pledger scored 15 points and three other Oklahoma players scored in double figures as the Sooners beat Louisiana-Monroe 85-51 Sunday.
Photoview all 23 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
And the players in the postgame press conference said they were just excited that so many of the dunks — six in all — were finished. In the first half, senior Romero Osby and M’Baye had back-to-back dunks. Freshman Buddy Hield and junior Tyler Neal also slammed.
Although the upperclassmen led the team, the Sooners’ freshman trio contributed despite their slow start. Je’lon Hornbeak scored 10 points, and Hield added nine. Cousins added two points and five assists.
Unlike exhibition play, the freshmen were not as explosive from beyond the arc. They combined to go 2 for 9 in 3-point attempts.
“This year, we’ve got a lot more depth,” Osby said. “We’ve got a lot of young guys that are really quick with the ball. We’ve got returning guys that are able to do some really good things, too, so the mixture of that along with more depth has really been able to give us a boost.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 88863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16945OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12611Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12094Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9737Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9076Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8890Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation