Oklahoma men's basketball: Sooners overcome scoring droughts to beat Warhawks
Coach Lon Kruger said Sooners did not come out sharp, but OU still rolls to an 85-51 victory.
Photoview all 23 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“It'll be a continuous experiment to see who is playing their minutes well and who is getting the job done,” Kruger said. “We just have to keep grooving defensively and keep taking care of the basketball, moving the ball and making good plays for each other.
“We are not set on anything by any means because players will determine that and dictate that as we get on deeper in conference and non-conference play.”
Senior Andrew Fitzgerald on his six rebounds: “It's attacking the glass hard. ... I think it's just becoming a habit for me now, getting more on the offensive and defensive end. That was one of my focal points from last year, focusing on getting rebounds to help my team out.”
*Oklahoma has won 35 consecutive non-conference home games. They Sooners have won 93 of their last 95.
*The victory was Kruger's 495th of his collegiate coaching career.
*The Sooners outscored the Warhawks by 18 points from the 3-point range going 9-for-23. ULM finished 3-for-16.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 75968Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30909Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 28067Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 24729Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6906Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 6904Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6686Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond