Oklahoma Mormon choir to mark Christmas with concerts
Oklahoma Mormons, along with singers from other faith traditions, will perform a free Christmas concert on Dec. 22 at the Civic Center Music Hall in downtown Oklahoma City.
NewsOK Related Articles
And Hobbs said he and other Mormon church leaders in Oklahoma are thrilled that Jessop agreed to lead the group.
“That is an incredible coup,” Hobbs said.
“It was exactly the kind of seed we need to get people motivated.”
Meanwhile, while the core of the choir is made up of nonprofessionals, several special guests with professional backgrounds will participate in the program. They include soprano Lisa Howard and baritone Anthony Eversole.
Hobbs said while the concert is free, tickets are required for guests age 8 and older.
He said the public is encouraged to obtain tickets as soon as possible.
For those unable able to obtain tickets, Hobbs recommended they show up at the concert anyway because there will be some standby seating available.
Hobbs also said the concert will be aired Dec. 23-25 on KSBI-52.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 21533Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17671Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12448Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9610Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9529Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9416Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8233Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense