Oklahoma motorcyclist dies in Payne County collision
Jeremy A. Mezzell, 41, of Stillwater, was traveling westbound on State Highway 33 about 5:40 p.m., seven miles west of Cushing when the driver of the car failed to yield while turning left onto SH 33 from SH 108, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
CUSHING — A motorcyclist died Monday after a collision with a car in Payne County, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
Jeremy A. Mezzell, 41, of Stillwater, was westbound on State Highway 33. The collision occurred about 5:40 p.m., seven miles west of Cushing. The car driver failed to yield when turning left onto SH 33 from SH 108, OHP said.
Mezzell died at the scene of head and trunk injuries.
The driver of the car, Marissa Lane, 20, of Ripley, was not injured, troopers said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 39102Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15291Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9778Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9437Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9040Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7843Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7624Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister