Oklahoma Natural Gas tops residential customer satisfaction survey
The annual J.D. Power and Associates survey measures several areas of customer satisfaction, including billing issues, prices, corporate citizenship and customer service. Oklahoma Natural Gas tied another natural gas utility for the highest overall score in the country.
Oklahoma Natural Gas topped the list of regional gas utilities in the latest customer satisfaction rankings by J.D. Power and Associates as residential consumers said they were pleased with the lower cost of the fuel.
ONG, a division of Tulsa-based ONEOK Inc., received 680 points overall in the south regional rankings of large gas utilities. ONG tied a South Carolina utility for the top score nationwide.
“We work each day to improve as an organization and to exceed our customers' expectations,” said Cherokee Ballard, spokeswoman for the utility. “The J.D. Power award is an indication that we're having some success. Our goal now is to ensure that we work even harder to continue to improve our service.”
The J.D. Power survey measures residential consumer satisfaction in six areas: billing and payment; price; corporate citizenship; communications; customer service; and field service. The survey is in its 11th year.
Nationwide, the average overall score was 634, up from 627 in 2011, J.D. Power said. Scores are on a 1,000-point scale.
Utilities appear to be benefiting from low natural gas prices. Customer satisfaction from price averaged 570, up 14 points from last year. Fewer customers recalled hearing about natural gas price increases from their utilities, the survey found.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 12604Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10239Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9732Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6670Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4240Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates