Oklahoma news briefs
Oklahoma news briefs
Book signing scheduled
The late Clem McSpadden was known for the political offices in which he served, both state and national, and for his unequaled talents as a rodeo announcer. On Wednesday, his widow, Donna McSpadden, and son, Bart McSpadden, will sign copies of his newly released biography, “Spring Will Come,” written by Joan Rhine and Bob Burke, and edited by Gini Moore Campbell with the Oklahoma Heritage Association. The book signing is from 1 to 3 p.m. in the fourth-floor rotunda at the state Capitol.
FROM STAFF REPORTS
Disaster office closing
A center set up to help victims of last month's tornado in Woodward is closing. The U.S. Small Business Administration said its Disaster Outreach Center will shut down Wednesday. The agency opened the center to help residents and business owners who were affected by the April 15 storm apply for assistance. The storm killed six people and damaged 224 homes and businesses. Officials said disaster loans of up to $200,000 are available to homeowners to repair or replace real estate that has been damaged or destroyed. Homeowners and renters are eligible for up to $40,000 to repair or replace personal property that has been damaged or destroyed. Businesses and private, nonprofit organizations may borrow up to $2 million to replace or repair real estate, machinery and other business assets.
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 24265Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15789Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10553Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9606Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9126Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8599Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8494Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena