Oklahoma pastor accused of killing son-in-law seeks bond
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — An Oklahoma City pastor accused of killing his son-in-law wants a judge to set bond so he can get out of jail pending trial.
Videoview all videos
Feb 21Both victims were inside of an apartment when someone...
Feb 21Investigators think the victime was inside the residence...
Feb 21The father-in-law of a man who was shot and killed...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Authorities charged 53-year-old Michael Elder with first-degree murder in the Feb. 20 death of 27-year-old Gary Davidson. The men were fighting and police say Davidson was shot dead as Davidson tried to pull his estranged wife, who is Elder's daughter, from a moving truck.
Elder is being held without bond in the Oklahoma County jail.
Oklahoma City television station KOCO reports that Elder says in court papers that he would live with his wife and would keep no firearms in his home. He wants bond set at $25,000.
A judge is to rule later in the week.
Elder is senior pastor at Cross Baptist Church.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims