Oklahoma Pet Tales: Lost dog finds a home
This is Baby. My wife and I were driving north on U.S. 81 late one night, and I saw a small dog running back and forth across the four-lane road. I turned around and went back, opened the car door, and in jumped a small and very cold dog. We took her home, fed her and warmed her up. We ran ads in the newspaper, called the pound, etc., with no response. After two weeks, we took her to the veterinarian and got her shots and a checkup. The next day, my grandniece came over to get some papers and exclaimed, "Where did you get my dog?” The dog had vanished from her yard six weeks earlier, and five miles away. She could not keep pets where she moved, so we were able to keep Baby.Earl Adams, El Reno
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims