Oklahoma police chief involved in rollover accident; alcohol believed to be involved
Barnsdall police chief Matt Clark was involved in a rollover truck accident early Friday in Bartlesville, and police there say alcohol is believed to have been a factor in the crash.
According to Bartlesville Police Capt. Jay Hastings, Clark was traveling on Frank Phillips Boulevard at 3:30 a.m. Friday when the accident occurred. A Bartlesville officer drove up to the scene of the accident, saw a truck upside down at the side of the road and found Clark, 25, trapped inside, he said.
Clark was removed using the Jaws of Life and was taken by ambulance to Jane Phillips Hospital. No other cars were involved.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11190Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11015Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9873Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8372Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4481Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4243Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4027OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M