OKC mayor will host event
Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett will play host for the 12th Annual Mayor's Development Roundtable from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., May 15 at Cox Convention Center, Great Hall C. The event is open to the public. Registration is $75 and includes lunch. Register online at www.okc.gov/planning/roundtable or call 604-0041.
• Walter Hood with Hood Design in Oakland, Calif., will kick off the event with a keynote address.
• Following will be the first of two “20/20 Lightning Rounds” focusing on the local market. Topics include a preview of housing demand and retail studies supporting planOKC, the Will Rogers Airport East Side Development Plan, the Interstate 240 Urban Land Institute Study and information about the increase in housing and hotels in Bricktown and downtown.
• Hood will then return with a “placemaking” presentation relating to MAPS 3 called “Building Community-Inclusive Spaces: Sharing Physical, Social, Political and Economic Resources in an Urban Landscape.”
• The second 20/20 Lightning Round will follow with experts on the Adventure District, Western Avenue, the Boathouse District and Uptown 23rd.
• Mathew McElroy with the city of El Paso will then present “Invested Development,” focusing on how El Paso restructured to improve development.
Association of Realtors hires VP
The Oklahoma Association of Realtors has added Matt Robison as vice president of government affairs, replacing Charla Slabotsky, who left in February to become executive director of the Oklahoma Real Estate Commission. Robison focuses on issues important to the state's real estate industry and oversees the Oklahoma Realtors Political Action Committee. Robison has more than 25 years of experience in government relations and association management, most recently with the State Chamber of Oklahoma as vice president of government affairs.
Continue reading this story on the...