The Oklahoma Real Estate Commission has launched a national search for a new executive director after Anne W. Woody announced her upcoming retirement after 38 years with the state agency.
Woody started working for the agency as a receptionist in her teens, said business manager Lisa G. Hays. Commission member Mike Cassidy said Woody had planned to retire next year but that she chose to leave earlier for personal reasons.
The commission has had just four executive directors since its creation by the Oklahoma Legislature in 1950. Woody has been a mainstay at the commission for more than a generation of people in the real estate business in Oklahoma, as executive secretary to the commission, then deputy director and executive director since 2001. She could not be reached Wednesday.
“I have really enjoyed working with Anne. She is often my go-to person whenever I get an obscure real estate question,” said Charla Slabotsky, vice president of government affairs for the Oklahoma Association of Realtors. “Her vast knowledge of Oklahoma's real estate industry has been such a great resource, and I will miss working with her.”
The seven-member commission licenses and regulates real estate licensees and activities in Oklahoma. The offices are in the Denver N. Davison Building, 1915 N Stiles Ave., Suite 200.
Among other things, the executive director:
• Maintains a permanent record of all proceedings of the commission.
• Employs and maintains staff as authorized in an approved budget and manages the commission offices.
• Coordinates hearing dockets, notices of hearings and issues orders of decisions relating to hearings.
• Supervises budget programs and requests and monthly financial reports.
• Recommends policies, rules and statutes to the commission.
• Directs investigations of questionable licensee activity and refer results of investigations to commission.
• Pursues legislation in coordination with the state Senate and House of Representatives.
• Speaks before legislative committees, makes public speaking appearances and speaks with the media on behalf of the commission.
Those interested in applying for the position can see the job posting at www.orec.ok.gov or at www.jobaps.com/ok/ under Executive Recruitment.