Oklahoma recruiting: Baylor commit has a choice to make; Jeffery Mead gets OU offer
Offensive lineman Dionte Savage has been committed to the Bears since Jan. 20 — but he has since taken visits to OU, Texas Tech and Kansas.
Among the football visitors to Norman on the last weekend before signing day was Baylor commit Dionte Savage.
Savage, an offensive lineman, has been committed to the Bears since Jan. 20 but has since taken visits to Texas Tech, Kansas and OU.
Videoview all videos
Feb 4Thomas stunned OU co-offensive coordinator Josh Heupel...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Savage (6-foot-5, 345 pounds) told ESPN.com this weekend that he would decide between the Bears and Sooners.
Savage, from Flint, Mich., played the last two seasons for Arizona Western, blocking for current Sooners running back Damian Williams during the 2011 season.
MEAD PICKS UP OFFER
Edmond Santa Fe quarterback Justice Hansen wasn't the only in-state player to pick up an offer from Oklahoma at Saturday's Sooners junior day.
Also picking up an offer was Tulsa Union wide receiver Jeffery Mead.
Mead (6-6, 175) picked up an offer from Oklahoma State later Saturday night. He already had an offer from Clemson, where he's being recruited by former Sooners defensive coordinator Brent Venables.
Mead is also a high-profile basketball recruit.
Mead and Hansen give the Sooners five in-state 2014 recruits with offers.
Those two join Douglass' Deondre Clark, Jenks' Steven Parker and Broken Arrow's Gyasi Akem.
DEBOSKIE'S RECRUITMENT HEATING UP
Cody Thomas and Kaelin Deboskie established fantastic rhythm last season at Colleyville (Texas) Heritage. So much so, that Thomas would like it to continue one day in college.
Deboskie (5-foot-9, 155 pounds) caught 54 passes for 964 yards and eight touchdowns as a junior last season, and accounted for 1,351 all-purpose yards. He moved to Colleyville from Chandler, Ariz., last spring and has become close on and off the field with Thomas, a 2013 Oklahoma quarterback commit.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister