Oklahoma recruiting notebook: QB Cody Thomas has huge night for Colleyville
Colleyville (Texas) Heritage senior Cody Thomas threw for five touchdowns and ran for two more as Heritage beat Denton Guyer 54-38.
Sooners quarterback commit Cody Thomas dazzled Thursday night.
The Colleyville (Texas) Heritage senior threw for five touchdowns and ran for two more as Heritage beat Denton Guyer 54-38.
Thomas finished with 363 yards passing and 71 yards rushing, including a 43-yarder for a score.
Heritage trailed by 10 at halftime.
“We went in at halftime and I told them that if they get a couple stops that we would keep on scoring and get back in this,” Thomas told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “We believed in them and they did a great job of stopping them.”
Guyer coach John Walsh had much praise for Thomas.
“He's got it all as far as being a strong kid and being strong in the pocket,” Walsh told the Denton Record-Chronicle. “He can get out of the pocket and make plays with his legs, too. He's extremely accurate. Those guys are hard to beat. We were covering good and he made some great throws.”
WARD, CHANDLER REUNITE AT OU
Sooners commit D.J. Ward, in limbo as he awaits word from the Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association on his hardship request, was at Saturday night's OU game.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 35920Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15377Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9806Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9680Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7926Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7748Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister