Oklahoma retail business briefs for Feb. 14, 2013
Oklahoma retail business briefs, Feb. 14
Tulsa chain solid in Middle East
TULSA — FreshBerry Frozen Yogurt Cafe has more than 50 percent market share in the Middle East. Parent company Beautiful Brands International, based in Tulsa, announced Wednesday the frozen yogurt chain ended 2012 with 53 percent of the total market share of frozen yogurt stores in the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) Middle Eastern countries and is on track to maintain that advantage in 2013. There are 20 FreshBerry locations open in those countries, which include Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and others. FreshBerry opened its first store in Tulsa in 2008.
Taco Bell to add Cool Ranch
NEW YORK — Taco Bell fans can mark their calendars: Doritos Locos Tacos in Cool Ranch flavor will be launched March 7. The chain is rolling out the new variety a year after the Doritos Locos Tacos were launched in a Nacho Cheese flavor. Taco Bell says it already sold more than 350 million, making them the biggest ever product launch. CEO Greg Creed says Doritos Locos Tacos now account for about a quarter of all taco sales and he plans to keep introducing new Doritos flavors as well. Next up is a “Flamas” flavor, a variety sold in regions of the country with higher Hispanic populations.
From staff and wire reports
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort