Oklahoma scene: Barons add veteran defenseman Brett Clark to roster
The addition of Clark comes a day after the recently struggling Barons signed former NHL scoring champion Jonathan Cheechoo.
The Oklahoma City Barons added extensive experience on defense Monday, signing Brett Clark to a contract. Clark has played 681 games in the National Hockey League, including all 82 games last season for the Tampa Bay Lightning. The 6-foot, 185-pounder has also played for the Atlanta Thrashers (now the Winnipeg Jets) and the Colorado Avalanche. He has 185 points in 681 games.
Clark's signing comes a day after the Barons signed former NHL scoring champion Jonathan Cheechoo. Clark and Cheechoo should help the recently struggling Barons make up for the loss of seven players recently called up by the Edmonton Oilers, the Barons' NHL affiliate.
Oklahoma City (19-16-5) begins a three-game road trip Wednesday, with a 6 p.m. faceoff against Grand Rapids.
BRONCHOS HOST STARS
Central Oklahoma will host Oklahoma City at 7 p.m. Tuesday in a wrestling dual between small college powers at Hamilton Field House in Edmond.
UCO (6-1) is ranked No. 3 in NCAA Division II. OCU (6-6) is No. 6 in the NAIA. Central Oklahoma leads the series 9-2, with Oklahoma City winning last year's dual 19-18; the Stars received the winning point on criteria, getting the most falls/technical falls.
The Bronchos have six wrestlers ranked in the top eight at respective weights, including Jordan Basks. The 149-pounder is ranked No. 2; on Monday, he was named Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association Wrestler of the Week. He won twice last week, including a 6-3 decision over defending national champion Raufeon Stots of Nebraska-Kearney.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36331Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15449Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9864Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9824Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9353Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7992Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7895Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister