Oklahoma scene: Barons lose another chunk of offense, get defenseman from Oilers
Mark Arcobello will make NHL debut Wednesday night against Dallas Stars. Veteran defenseman Theo Peckham joins OKC on a conditioning assignment.
Edmonton recalled Barons forward Mark Arcobello on Tuesday, and then sent defenseman Theo Peckham to Oklahoma City on a conditioning assignment.
Arcobello, 24, is expected to make his NHL debut Wednesday night, when the Oilers host the Dallas Stars. The Oilers need some scoring after veterans Shawn Horcoff and Eric Belanger suffered injuries. Arcobello has scored 39 points with Oklahoma City this season. In his third season with the Barons, Arcobello is among the club's all-time leaders in goals (40), assists (60) and points (100).
Arcobello, who played collegiately at Yale, was the Barons representative in the American Hockey League All-Star Game. He recorded three assists, including the primary assist on the game-winning goal with 12 seconds left.
On Monday, the Oilers recalled forward Magnus Paajarvi from the Barons.
Peckham is a 6-foot-2, 235-pound NHL veteran. He has played 156 games in the NHL, collecting 17 points and 382 penalty minutes. Although Peckham's stay with Oklahoma City will last about four games, he will join a defense that has gone from one of the youngest in the American Hockey League to one of the more seasoned units.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21771Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7615Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6773OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6490OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5293Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4032Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater