Oklahoma scene: Barons lose forward Magnus Paajarvi to Edmonton Oilers
Less than a week after Paajarvi was sent to Oklahoma City, the NHL team takes the 20-year-old off the Barons' roster.
The Edmonton Oilers recalled forward Magnus Paajarvi from the Oklahoma City Barons. Paajarvi, 20, is returning to the National Hockey League team less than a week after being sent down to Oklahoma City. He has four goals and 20 points in 37 games with the American Hockey League team this season; Paajarvi started the season with the Barons and was one of several players called up to Edmonton when the NHL lockout ended.
CHILI BOWL TELECAST SET
The tape delayed telecast of the 27th annual Chili Bowl Midget Sprint Nationals held last month in Tulsa is scheduled for 3 p.m. Sunday by the NBC Sports Network. The one-hour program is listed under the title “Motorsports Hour.” Viewers can find their channel provider by going to nbcsports.msnbc.com. and inserting their zip code. Kevin Swindell of Germantown, Tenn., won an ongoing-record fourth consecutive championship, holding off his father, legendary sprint car driver Sammy Swindell, near the end.
The 2014 Chili Bowl is scheduled for Jan. 14-18 at the Tulsa Expo Center. Ticket renewals will begin Tuesday, March 5. For more ticket information for the 2014 race, call (918) 838-3777.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13061Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11652Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5853Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5268Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4352Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4093Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law