Oklahoma scene: Barons sign veteran forward Josh Green to one-year contract
Green had 37 points in 51 games for Oklahoma City, which won American Hockey League's West Division championship last season.
The Oklahoma City Barons secured a key piece to their forward end for the 2012-2013 American Hockey League season. The Barons signed veteran Josh Green to a one-year contract, giving the team one of its top point producers from last season's West Division champion.
Green had 37 points in 51 games for Oklahoma City last season, many of those points coming on a line with Teemu Hartikainen and Magnus Paajarvi. Green was promoted twice to the Edmonton Oilers, the Barons' parent team, and had two points in seven games. Green, 34, has played in 341 total NHL games.
The Barons' home opener is Oct. 19 at the Cox Center.
AROUND AND AROUND
Sprint car drivers from Oklahoma continued successful seasons around the country:
*Oklahoma City native Wayne Johnson won an American Sprint Car Series National Tour race late Saturday night at Grays Harbor Raceway in Elma, Wash. In a 30-lap feature that included drivers from Washington state and others from around the nation, Johnson finished in front of Shane Stewart of Bixby by a nose. Earlier in the day, Stewart edged Johnson to win a 25-lap preliminary feature. Brady Bacon of Broken Arrow finished fourth in the preliminary.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in