Oklahoma scene: Barons' Taylor Hall chosen as AHL Player of the Week
The Edmonton Oilers star, playing in Oklahoma City during the NHL lockout, has 15 points in 10 games
Oklahoma City Barons forward Taylor Hall was named American Hockey League Player of the Week on Monday. Hall, who recently joined the Barons after recovering from shoulder surgery, had nine points while helping Oklahoma City to three wins. Hall is one of three regular players — including Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Jordan Eberle — from the Edmonton Oilers who are playing in Oklahoma City during the NHL lockout.
Hall has 15 points in the 10 games he's played for Oklahoma City.
The Barons continue a three-week road swing with 7:05 p.m. games Thursday and Friday against the Houston Aeros. Oklahoma City's next home game is Tuesday, Dec. 11, against the Peoria Rivermen.
OSU ANNOUNCES BASEBALL SCHEDULE
First-year coach Josh Holliday announced Oklahoma State's 2013 baseball schedule, which begins Feb. 15-17 at New Mexico. The Cowboys open the home portion of their schedule on Feb. 19 against Alcorn State. Oklahoma State will remain at home until April 2, when it travels to Norman to play Oklahoma in a non-conference game.
The entire OSU schedule can be found on page 6C.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 72931Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14541Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8647Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7401How to help tornado victims
- 6540Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6504Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6358Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims