Oklahoma scene: Brandon Weeden to be on Jon Gruden's 'QB Camp'
BACKWOODS SHOW OPENS
The 25th annual Backwoods Hunting and Fishing Expo opens Friday at State Fair Park.
The expo runs through Sunday. Tickets are $8 for adults. Ages 10 and younger receive free admission.
Expo hours are noon to 8:30 p.m. on Friday, 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Saturday; and 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Sunday.
The expo features the Oklahoma Whitetail Wall of Fame and the annual Oklahoma State Turkey Calling Championship, which will be Saturday at noon.
New exhibits this year include The Muzzy 200 Club, a traveling exhibit of some of the most impressive bucks in the world, and Jim Reimer's World of Outstanding Whitetails.
On Saturday and Sunday, former University of Oklahoma football players Marcus Dupree and Dan Cody will be available to sign autographs and discuss hunting.
HARLEM AMBASSADORS IN TOWN APRIL 23
The Harlem Ambassadors, a high-flying basketball team, will visit Oklahoma City for a game at 7 p.m. on April 23 at Del City High School.
The Salvation Army Central Oklahoma Boys & Girls Club will host the event to help raise funds for programs at the club.
Tickets are $10 and available at The Salvation Army Boys & Girls Club. A limited number of special VIP tickets are $20.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 87104Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16817OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12528Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9682Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8846Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation