Oklahoma scene: Central Oklahoma women, OBU men advance in soccer postseason
Shayna Kindsvater, Kate Foran score for Central Oklahoma, avenging a loss to Fort Hays State a week ago in conference tournament
Central Oklahoma advanced in the NCAA Division II women's soccer tournament Friday with a 2-0 victory over Fort Hays State in Mankato, Minn. Shayna Kindsvater and Kate Foran scored for Central Oklahoma, which lost to the Tigers in double overtime last week during the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletic Association Tournament.
UCO (16-2-3) will play host Minnesota-Mankato in Sunday's semifinal.
OBU WINS SOONER TITLE
Seventh-seeded Oklahoma Baptist surprised another opponent Friday, beating John Brown (Ark.) 2-1 in a shoot-out for the Sooner Athletic Conference men's tournament championship. OBU (8-8-1) advanced to the NAIA Opening Round Tournament, which is scheduled to start Nov. 17 at a site to be announced. Felipe Souza scored the winner in the shoot-out.
Oklahoma Baptist, which had a regulation goal from Mario Maia, reached the final by beating second-seeded Rogers State and third-seeded Wayland Baptist (Texas).
OU, OSU TIE FOR FIRST
Top-ranked Oklahoma State and No. 8 Oklahoma were co-champions of the NCAA Midwest Regional Cross Country Meet on Friday in Springfield, Mo. Both teams finished with 45 points and are automatic qualifiers for the NCAA Championships on Saturday, Nov. 17, in Louisville, Ky. Tulsa almost made it a state trifecta, finishing in third pace with 47 points. The Golden Hurricane had the race's individual winner, Chris O'Hare finishing the 10-kilometer race in 30 minutes, 25.87 seconds.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister