Oklahoma scene: Jordan Eberle wins another AHL player of the month award
The NHL All-Star, who is playing with the Barons during the lockout, had two hat tricks in December. He had four goals in a Dec. 15 win over San Antonio.
Oklahoma City Barons forward Jordan Eberle was named the American Hockey League Player of the Month in December after also winning the league's award in November.
Eberle recorded two hat tricks in December, including a four-goal game in a Dec. 15 win over San Antonio. Eberle's other hat trick was New Year's Eve in a win over the Texas Stars. Eberle scored three goals in the first period in less than four minutes, the fastest three-goal streak in franchise history.
In the month of December, Eberle produced six multiple-point games and scored 20 points, including 11 goals.
For the season, Eberle leads the AHL in points with 49, including 24 goals.
A first-round pick by Edmonton in 2008, the 22nd overall selection, Eberle was an NHL All-Star last season. The Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, native is playing with the Barons during the NHL lockout.
OSU TRIO WINS TITLES
Three Oklahoma State wrestlers won championships Wednesday at the Southern Scuffle in Chattanooga, Tenn.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction