Oklahoma scene: Oklahoma Baptist basketball player Allie Brandenburg released from hospital
The junior guard temporarily lost feeling in her arms after scuffling for basketball against Southwestern Christian. Another OBU player, Bretlin Gabelmann, suffered a minor knee injury.
Racing continued late Friday night.
SNU ROLLS TO SOCCER WIN
Sherri Collins had three goals, and Bekah Stewart added two as Southern Nazarene whipped host Mid-America Christian 5-1 on Friday in the National Christian College Athletic Association Women's Soccer Championships Regional Tournament. Second-seeded SNU (10-7-1) advanced to the finals against No. 1-seeded Oklahoma Wesleyan in the championship game at noon Saturday at Mid-America Christian in Oklahoma City.
Mid-America had a 1-0 lead only 34 seconds into Friday's match, but SNU dominated the rest of the way. The winner of Saturday's match advances to the NCCAA championships, which begin Nov. 28 in Kissimmee, Fla.
*The Mid-America Christian men were eliminated from the NCCAA regional with a 3-2 loss to McMurry (Texas). Colin Lund scored the game-winner with 11:07 left in the match. Andrew Webster and Raphael Bonelle scored for Mid-America Christian, which finishes its season 9-7-2.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13258OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7144Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7131Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6694Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6025Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5256Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers