H: ° L: °,
Oklahoma scene: Oklahoma City University advances to fifth consecutive NAIA World Series
Stars advance by blanking Sterling (Kan.). OCU will play World Series host Lewis-Clark State in the first round on May 25.
*The Oklahoma City U. women's golf team will try and win its sixth national championship this week. The NAIA Championships begin Tuesday at the Link Hills Country Club in Greenville, Tenn. The top-ranked Stars are one of six teams from the Sooner Athletic Conference in the national tournament. Lubbock Christian, Oklahoma Christian, Wayland Baptist (Texas) and Southern Nazarene also made the field.
*Oklahoma, coming off a last weekend's Big 12 series sweep of No. 2-ranked Baylor, will play No. 20 TCU at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Mitchell Park in Norman. The Horned Frogs, who will soon become a conference opponent, are the eighth consecutive ranked foe for OU (33-19). Tuesday's game will be the final regular season meeting between the teams before TCU (32-16) joins the Big 12.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 42155Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15090Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9670Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8506Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8490Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7696Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7550Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena