Oklahoma scene: OSU lineman Jonathan Rush in court Tuesday
Teammate Christian Littlehead is scheduled to appear Jan. 23. Both football players have been charged with one count of misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
Oklahoma State offensive lineman Jonathan Rush will appear at Payne County Courthouse at 1:45 p.m. Tuesday for arraignment after being charged with one count of misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia last month.
Cowboy defensive tackle Christian Littlehead, who was charged with the same crime after two homemade smoking devices with residue were found in the teammates' on-campus residence, is scheduled to appear on Jan. 23 at 10:30 a.m. His original court date was set for Dec. 29, but that was pushed back because Littlehead was in Arizona for the Fiesta Bowl. Littlehead traveled with the team but was suspended for the game.
Rush, who missed most of the season after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament in OSU's win at Texas A&M in September, has not been disciplined by the team. He has been granted a sixth year of eligibility.
STATE TEAMS DROP ONE SPOT
NAIA voters did not punish the Oklahoma Baptist men's and Oklahoma City women's basketball teams too much after each lost their first games of the season last week. OBU, which lost to Southern Nazarene, fell from No. 1 to No. 2. It was the same scenario for OCU, which lost its first game last weekend, by 22 points to Lubbock Christian.
See our commenting and posting policy.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments