Oklahoma scene: OSU wrestler Kyle Crutchmer arrested
Former Tulsa Union star accused of threatening to kill a man and then punching his vehicle, according to a court filing
The Sooners will race nine times outside of the state. The highlight of the road schedule is Oct. 20-21, the Head of the Charles event in Boston. Approximately 2,000 boats and 9,000 athletes will participate in the world's largest two-day rowing event.
After the Nov. 3-4 races in Chattanooga, Tenn., the Sooners will take a reprieve for the winter months. The season will continue March 9-10 with the OU Invitational.
*Oklahoma's Costin Pavel and Dane Webb were ranked No. 1 in the nation for doubles, when the Intercollegiate Tennis Association released its preseason rankings on Monday. The All-Americans reached the NCAA Doubles Championships' semifinals last spring. Paval was also ranked No. 6 in singles.
*The No. 22-ranked OU men's golf team opened the fall season with a seventh-place finish at the Gopher Invitational in Wayzata, Minn. The Sooners had a 48-over-par 912 for three days. No. 2-ranked California won the event with a 2-under 862.
The Sooners' top individual was Beau Titsworth, who finished in a tie for 15th. Titsworth shot an 8-over 224 in his collegiate debut.
See our commenting and posting policy.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7078Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6616OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5593Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4449Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4211Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater