Oklahoma scene: OU softball banquet set for Feb. 1
The Professional Arena Soccer League has awarded an expansion franchise to Tulsa.
The Tulsa Revolution will begin play for the 2013-14 season. An official with the Tulsa Convention Center told the Tulsa World that no home dates are penciled in as of now for the Revolution, but added there should not be a scheduling conflict once games dates are released.
The regular-season PASL schedule begins in November and ends in February. Tulsa will most likely be part of the Central Division with three Texas teams and either Chicago or Rockford, Ill., or possibly both.
Owner Adam Mellor is no stranger to the soccer business. Tulsa had a team in the American Indoor Soccer League in the 2007-08 season. However, the league folded after that season.
Oklahoma sophomore Erica Brewer earned Big 12 gymnast of the week honors, and senior Brie Olson was named co-Big 12 specialist of the week for their efforts in OU's win at Arizona State. ... The American Hockey League, where the Oklahoma City Barons play, is discontinuing the use of hybrid icing starting with Friday's games because the NHL hasn't adopted the rule.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21533Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17671Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12448Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9610Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9529Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9416Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8233Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense