Oklahoma scene: OU, West Virginia picked for second-place tie in Big 12 women's basketball
Defending national champion Baylor, with 6-foot-8 post Brittney Griner back for her senior season, selected by coaches to win another conference title.
Oklahoma and West Virginia were selected by coaches to finish in a second-place tie for the Big 12 women's basketball season. Defending national champion Baylor was chosen No. 1. The Bears, who return the core of last season's 40-0 team, including 6-foot-8 post Brittney Griner, received nine of 10 first-place votes. Since coaches can't vote for their own team, Baylor coach Kim Mulkey gave her No. 1 choice to West Virginia.
Oklahoma State was chosen to finish seventh in the 10-team league.
SPRINTS SET FOR SUNDAY
The Oil Capital Racing Series has rescheduled its final regular-season sprint car points card for 3 p.m. Sunday at Brill's Motor Speedway in Meeker. The race was scheduled for last week, but it was postponed due to inclement weather. Jamie Passmore of Rose has already clinched his fourth OCRS championship in the last five seasons.
For ticket prices and directions to the track, go to www.brillmotorspeedway.com or call (405) 769-6927.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments