Oklahoma scene: OU women's golf team sets school records during Susie Maxwell Berning Classic
Chirapat Jao-Javanil notches first championship of the fall season, finishing two shots ahead of Lindsey Weaver of Notre Dame and Sarah Schober of Redlands Community College
The Oklahoma women's golf team set a school record during Wednesday's final round of the Susie Maxwell Berning Classic on the Jimmie Austin OU Club course in Norman. The Sooners won the 18-team tournament behind a record 8-under-par 280 during the final round. OU finished with a 29-stroke advantage over runner-up Notre Dame.
OU's three-round score of 5-under 859 was also a school mark, beating the previous record by four shots set in 2011. The old record for 18 holes by a Sooners team was 282, also set in 2011.
Sooners junior Chirapat Jao-Javanil was medalist — her first title of the fall season — behind a final-round 4-under 68. Jao-Javanil's 54-hole tournament total was 7-under 209. She finished two shots ahead of Lindsey Weaver of Notre Dame and Sarah Schober of Redlands Community College in El Reno.
PCR EVENT BEGINS THURSDAY IN DUNCAN
The Prairie Circuit Finals Rodeo begins Thursday night at the Stephens County Fair and Expo Center in Duncan.
Top cowboys and cowgirls from Oklahoma, Nebraska and Kansas will be trying to earn a Prairie Circuit championship and a berth in the National Circuit Finals in Oklahoma City next spring.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 22069Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17657Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12691Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10660Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10002Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9693Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8348OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures