Oklahoma scene: OU’s Tia Brooks wins national championship in shot put
The junior has won outdoor and indoor titles this season. Brooks and Brittany Borman, who won the national title in the discus on Wednesday, have accounted for all of the Sooners’ team points.
Oklahoma junior Tia Brooks won the shot put competition Friday at the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships in Des Moines, Iowa. Brooks’ winning throw (60-feet, 6 inches) came on her fourth attempt.
The outdoor national championship is Brooks’ first; she won the indoor shot title in March. Brooks joins teammate Brittany Borman as the only OU female athletes to win national titles...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 46110Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14982Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9556Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8109Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7765Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7102Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7082Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena