Oklahoma scene: Sprint car races set for 7:30 p.m. Saturday in Ada
Jamie Passmore of Rose could clinch fourth Oil Capital Racing Series championship
The Oil Capital Racing Series will have its sixth annual Oklahoma State Championship sprint car races Saturday at Oklahoma Sports Park in Ada.
Several of Oklahoma's top drivers are scheduled to compete, including Jamie Passmore. The Rose resident can clinch a fourth OCRS championship with a good showing Saturday. Passmore already has won 11 of 18 scheduled events this season. Whit Gastineau of Oklahoma City, Shane Sellers of Mustang, Sean McClelland of Tulsa and Mike Peters of Wichita, Kan., are also on the docket.
The A feature winner will purse $2,000. Racing begins at 7:30 p.m. Oklahoma Sports Park is located 10 miles northwest of Ada on State Highway 3W.
UFC TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY
Tickets for the Strikeforce UFC heavyweight fight between Grand Prix World champion Daniel Cormier and former titlist Frank Mir, scheduled Nov. 3 at Chesapeake Arena, go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12863Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11549Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5770Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5166Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4505OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4325Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 3991Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law