Oklahoma scene: Three NEO football players suspended, charges include robbery, extortion by kidnapping
Christopher Lamont Carter of Oklahoma City, Deion Fipps of Tulsa and Jaiari Kristov Dunaway of Murfreesboro, Tenn., are free on $50,000 bail.
But the new job offer with an Oklahoma City construction company “turned out to be too good to pass up,” he said. “I really want to be around my family more, and I made this decision for them.”
Standish is married with one child and another on the way. The Standish family has resided in Oklahoma City despite Marty playing the last three seasons in Tulsa.
The Kelvington, Saskatchewan, Canada, native collected 672 points in 800 professional games. The fast, feisty 5-foot-6 forward spent eight seasons with the Blazers. Standish helped the Central Hockey League power to the 2000-2001 championship, which was his first season with the Blazers. He also played briefly in the American Hockey League and the old United Hockey League before it merged with the CHL.
“Winning that championship with the Blazers was definitely my best moment as a pro,” Standish said. “I'm really happy with the way my career turned out. I had some good playoff runs, I had some productive years and a few individual milestones that are very special to me. If you had told me 13 years ago that I would do everything I've done in the game of hockey, I'd have said you were crazy.”
See our commenting and posting policy.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14439Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9547Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7937Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7761Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6962Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6428Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6287Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister