Oklahoma scene: Jackie Acevedo scores four goals, new women’s pro soccer team wins
The former Southern Nazarene University standout helps the Oklahoma Football Club whip Houston Select. Next home game is June 22 against Fort Worth Panthers at Stars Field on the Oklahoma City University campus.
Former Southern Nazarene University star Jackie Acevedo had a good start to her professional career Saturday. Acevedo scored all four goals in the Oklahoma Football Club’s 4-0 season-opening victory over Houston Select in a Women’s Premiere Soccer League game at Stars Field on the Oklahoma City University campus.
Acevedo set several scoring records at SNU after transferring from Tennessee, where she was on the All-SEC Freshman Team. She led the NAIA last fall in goals (38), points (93) and points per...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister