Oklahoma secretary of state will step down
Oklahoma Secretary of State Glenn Coffee, who also served as Gov. Mary Fallin’s chief negotiator on budget and water issues, says he will leave by Jan. 31. He says he continues to support the governor and that his leaving is not caused by any disagreement with any of her staff.
The state constitution prohibits a legislator from working for a state agency within two years of leaving office unless the salary comes from private or federal funds, but former legislators may...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13571Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11780Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5526Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5480Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4292Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4042How to help tornado victims