Oklahoma Sen. Jim Inhofe wants U.S. Navy to detail costs of Green Fleet exercise
Senator, upset about the price of biofuels used in a demonstration exercise in the Pacific, asks the Navy secretary to give him the cost for the entire event, including the hats and T-shirts.
WASHINGTON — Sen. Jim Inhofe, an outspoken critic of the U.S. military’s use of biofuels, asked the secretary of the U.S. Navy on Wednesday to detail the costs of a demonstration in the Pacific last week of a carrier strike group burning a mix of traditional and biofuels.
Inhofe, R-Tulsa, a senior member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, asked Navy Secretary Ray Mabus to list numerous costs associated with the exercise, down to the price of the green hats...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims