Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn says GOP may block appellate nominee from Oklahoma City
Senate Judiciary Committee sends nominations of Robert E. Bacharach and John E. Dowdell to the full Senate, but Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn said his party may block a vote on one.
WASHINGTON — The Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday cleared two Oklahoma federal judicial nominees for a full Senate vote, but Sen. Tom Coburn said presidential politics could prevent the Senate from confirming both this year.
Robert E. Bacharach, a U.S. magistrate judge in Oklahoma City, was approved by the committee for a seat on the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, which is a step below the U.S. Supreme...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in