Oklahoma Senate leader focused on legislation to benefit state
The 2013 legislative session is just weeks away. What do Republican leaders plan to get done, particularly with GOP supermajorities in both chambers? Speeches given Tuesday by House Speaker T.W. Shannon and Senate President Pro Tem Brian Bingman give us some insight.
Bingman, R-Sapulpa, outlined a handful of broad policy goals. But Shannon was more thematic than policy-specific, mounting a vocal defense of federalism rather than unveiling a detailed vision...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction