Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Oklahoma Senate reaffirms support of traditional marriage
OKLAHOMA CITY -- The Senate on Monday passed a resolution reaffirming its support for defining marriage as between one man and one woman.Senate Appropriations Chairman Clark Jolley, R-Edmond, who is seeking re-election, is the Senate author of Senate Resolution 62. The measure passed by a vote of 40-4, with four senators not voting. "I resent the state Senate being held hostage because someone has a difficult campaign coming up and needs promotional material for the Gods and gays leaflet," said Sen. Tom Adelson, D-Tulsa. "I think we are better than this." Read the complete article at tulsaworld.com.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims