Every year, we make New Year’s resolutions. We try our best to keep them. We struggle — we eat that candy bar, smoke that cigarette, lose that bet.
Well, let’s play a game. Rather than put the pressure on ourselves to start the new year, why don’t we try to match these Oklahoma sports figures with their New Year’s Resolution.
No pressure here. Just line up the resolution on the left with the appropriate sports figure on the right.
Resolutions Sports figure
1. Find a quarterback(s) A. Justin Blackmon
2. Keep rabbit’s foot knee for good luck B. Kevin Durant
3. Be like Wes Lunt C. Travis Ford
4. Find a competent NFL franchise D. Blake Griffin
5. Win Naismith Player of the Year E. Mike Gundy
6. Find a big man F. Trevor Knight
7. Release a new shoe design every day G. Jeremy Lamb
8. Be like Sam Bradford H. Kendrick Perkins
9. Keep my hands to myself (no fighting) I. Mason Rudolph
10. Smile more J. Marcus Smart
11. Stay out of trouble/stay on the field K. Bob Stoops
12. Make people forget the beard L. Brandon Weeden
13. Get that new gig contract extension M. Russell Westbrook
Feel free to suggest any other New Year’s Resolutions for any other Oklahoma sports figures, past, present or future. And if you’ve got better suggestions for the figures above, I’m all ears.
Oh, if you were curious, here are the answers.