Oklahoma State at Oklahoma football: Joseph Randle, Blake Bell and a Bedlam rivalry that began before they were Cowboys and Sooners
Videoview all videos
Nov 23John writes, "If OU wins out, and K State loses to Texas,...
Nov 23Can OSU stop OU's offense? Can OU stop OSU's offense?
Photoview all 6 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Didn't have a chance anyway.
Bell was strong with OU from the beginning, committing early in the process. And Randle was content with Oklahoma State.
And that's how it should have been. The two had been long-time cross-town rivals. Why not move it one state to the south?
So they did. And three years later, with Bedlam 2012 coming in Norman Saturday, their importance to the legendary college football clash has never been higher.
Using speed and elusiveness, Randle has a Big 12-best 1,099 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns. Using power and strength out of his patented package, the Belldozer has 10 bruising touchdowns.
And the Wichita pair, producing heavily for schools historically filled with Texas and Oklahoma players, has combined for 2,660 yards and 57 touchdowns the past two seasons.
“It's awesome,” Bell said. “Seeing another guy from Wichita, a guy you grew up playing against, seeing the success he's had on the field at the next level is awesome.”
But come late this week, in true Bedlam spirit, the friendship will be put on a brief hold.
“He actually text me right before the game (last year) and said, ‘Man, I hope I get about three or four,' “ Randle said. “Then he asked me if I was going to match that. I was just like, ‘I don't know, we going to see.' So we got a little competition going.”
“I'm sure I'll shoot him a text at the end of (this) week,” Bell added. “It's always good to have some friendly trash talk here and there.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 51863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14915Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9511Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7474Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6783Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6733Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims