Oklahoma State baseball: Walk-off walk gives Cowboys win over Missouri State
Randy McCurry drew a bases-loaded walk in the bottom of the 10th inning to give the Oklahoma State baseball a 5-4 win over Missouri State on Tuesday at Allie P. Reynolds Stadium in Stillwater.
OSU trailed 4-2 going into the bottom of the eighth inning, but loaded the bases with no outs following two walks and a single. The Cowboys then tied the score on consecutive sacrifice flies by pinch hitter Aaron Cornell and center fielder Jarrett Higgins.
McCurry, who started the game at shortstop, moved to the pitcher's mound in the 10th inning and induced a pair of ground ball outs to get out of a jam.
Then, with one out and the bases loaded, McCurry drew a walk to drive in the winning run.
“This team never lets the score dictate their spirit or their effort,” said OSU coach Josh Holliday. “They've learned if they play all nine innings, sometimes 10 or 14, with a high level of concentration, that you're never out of a game.”
OSU returns to action at 6:30 p.m. Friday in Stillwater with the opener of a three-game series against Loyola Marymount.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad