Oklahoma State basketball: Brittney Griner scores 30 points as No. 1 Baylor routs Cowgirls
OSU point guard Tiffany Bias finished with 13 points and six assists, which put her over both the 1,000-point and 500-assist total for her career.
The game marked the midway point of the conference season for OSU, an inconsistent road so far for a team that climbed as high as 12th in The Associated Press poll but will likely be unranked come Monday after dropping two consecutive contests.
The good news for the Cowgirls? The schedule sets up more favorably for the final nine regular-season games. OSU is finished with Baylor, while its first game against TCU, which is winless in conference play, comes Tuesday night at Gallagher-Iba Arena.
“We saw glimpses of a team that we could be and that we should be,” Bias said of the first half of Big 12 play. “And I saw a team where we didn't finish as we should have. We expect a lot more of ourselves, so the games that we should have lost or let up the lead, that just shows a lot of learning experiences …
“But for the second half of the season, I think we'll look back on that and we'll make it better.”
Perhaps even better news? Barring a matchup in the Big 12 Tournament, OSU never has to face Griner again.
“Yeah, I'm glad it's over,” Littell said with a chuckle. “But I like playing good teams and competing against the best in the country, and I thought we did a lot of good things against them (Saturday night).”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort