Oklahoma State basketball: Cowboys cruise to fifth straight win
The No. 20 Cowboys delivered a clean and crisp performance, dominating Portland State 81-58 for their fifth consecutive win to start the season.
Photoview all 12 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Markel Brown, who had been struggling of late, threw in a trio of ferocious dunks in the first half before showing off his newfound shooting stroke in the second.
Overall, the junior wing finished with a game-high 23 points, shooting an impressive 10-14 from the field and 3-4 from deep. He also added five assists and five rebounds.
“Going back to the N.C. State game, I wasn't very happy with the game that I had,” Brown said. “I shot 2-for-11, so today was a good game for me. I had to come out and make shots to get my comfort level back up.”
Le'Bryan Nash added 20 points and five rebounds, while Phil Forte poured in 15 points in 27 minutes off the bench.
And the Cowboys, despite a depleted bench that's cut their rotation to seven, cruised to an in-progress five-game win streak, already two games longer than any from last year.
“(Our offense) is way more crisp (this year),” Brown said. “We're playing with each other. You can tell that we can score in good situations. Adding Marcus to the point guard spot has really helped. He's moving the ball well and putting up crazy numbers in assists. We are just playing better as a team overall.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10710Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10389Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10187Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9807Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6458Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4074Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4073Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes