Oklahoma State basketball: Cowboys force 31 turnovers, hammer Texas-Arlington
Markel Brown finishes with a game-high 17 points for Oklahoma State, which improved to 9-1. No. 24-ranked Cowboys have won four straight games.
Photoview all 13 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
UTA leading scorer Karol Gruszecki didn't score and didn't even get off a shot, with Brown locking him down. Mavs big man Jordan Reves, the team's second-leading scorer, managed eight points, but just two by halftime, when the Cowboys were already in control at 36-17.
“Loved our defensive effort,” Ford said. “A very consistent effort. That was the difference in the game. When you turn somebody over 31 times at home, you're probably going to win.
“We're winning not the prettiest, but that's kind of how we are right now. And I love it. I just like winning with defense. I like the way our guys played tonight, I thought they played every possession.”
The Cowboys bolted to a 13-3 lead less than four minutes into the game and were up 25-8 at the 8:16 mark.
After making its first shot of the game, UTA started its bumbling ways, quickly producing more turnovers than points. The Mavs didn't overcome that stat until just 9:48 remained, scoring their 28th points, against 27 turnovers.
Said UTA coach Scott Cross: “Nothing like a good slice of humble pie for your Christmas present.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36498Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32022Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 18998Oklahoma tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7837Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6469OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3675College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3601Student shot dead during botched home invasion