Oklahoma State basketball: Cowboys roll over West Virginia
Travis Ford picks up 100th win as OSU's coach.
NewsOK Related Articles
“That's what we emphasize,” Williams said. “We were going to try and speed them up a little bit, see if we can get the guards to turn the ball over, see if we can get the bigs to speed up a little bit and it worked.”
The Cowboys had five players score in double figures. In addition to Nash, Williams and Smart, Markel Brown had 16 points and Michael Cobbins added 10.
With West Virginia's defense causing problems early, Oklahoma State had to find opportunities to score in different ways. The result was 36 points in the paint, the Cowboys' highest total in Big 12 play this season.
“We had to score more one-on-one than we have in a long time,” Ford said. “We weren't able to run, score out of our options because West Virginia did such a good job physically taking us out of our options. So we had to counter with some things.”
Oklahoma State will now travel to take on TCU Wednesday. The Horned Frogs made waves by upsetting Kansas earlier this season.
“They're all big,” Ford said. “I shouldn't have to spend a whole lot of time motivating our guys to be ready because, at this point, they're all big.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12097Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11309Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6870Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6485Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4833Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4317OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3653Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law