Oklahoma State basketball: Cowboys rout Texas Tech
Troubled Tech, falling to .500 overall, allowed Oklahoma State to impose its will in a number of ways, leading to a 79-45 rout at Gallagher-Iba Arena.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 21 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“I'm very proud of the team for paying attention this week and understanding what we wanted to get accomplished,” Ford said. “And what I wanted to see today. I'm happy with that. I'm happy with the way we responded this week … because I wasn't sure how much we'd have left for this game.
“But I thought we got better this week. We went hard. I don't know that I've ever gone as hard as we went this week, during this time of year. But I knew it was going to make us a better basketball team eventually.
“I didn't know about today, but down the road, next game, two weeks, it'll pay off, I think.”
There was plenty for the Cowboys to feel good about.
Defense and rebounding, two key talking points during the week, were much improved. Philip Jurick grabbed a game-high 11 boards and Michael Cobbins had nine. While the Red Raiders missed 33 shots, they were only able to produce five offensive rebounds.
It was a feel-good game, too, with 12 Cowboys playing and nine scoring, including Soucek, who drilled a 3-pointer in his first appearance since spraining a knee in at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off in mid-November.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister