Oklahoma State basketball: Cowgirls down to nine players heading into game with UT-Arlington
OSU WOMEN'S BASKETBALL — The Cowgirls are unbeaten and ranked No. 15 despite the fact they have only nine healthy players, a problem shared by their intra-state rivals.
No. 15 Oklahoma State vs. UT Arlington
*When: 2 p.m. Saturday
*Where: College Park Center (Arlington, Texas)
*Radio: KGFY-FM 105.5
Oklahoma State (8-0);;;;;
UT Arlington (2-7);;;;;
That leaves the Cowgirls with nine healthy players, with all seeing an average of at least 11 minutes per game.
Because of the shorter bench, Littell has stressed that the Cowgirls need to take care of themselves. That means taking the proper steps to prevent injury and illness, eating right and get enough sleep.
Because on the basketball floor, Keller said the Cowgirls trust each other's abilities. And she looks at the fact that all nine players have contributed thus far — and could be needed during conference play — as a positive.
“It's easier to keep people happy,” she said. “And when you're happy, you play better.
“There's no hiding behind someone else. There's no relaxing and saying, ‘Oh, I'm just going to chill this game.' No. You're all going to play (and) you're all going to have to do something when you come in.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12879Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10775OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6990Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5542Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5510Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5081Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4971OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins