Oklahoma State basketball: Cowgirls down to nine players heading into game with UT-Arlington
OSU WOMEN'S BASKETBALL — The Cowgirls are unbeaten and ranked No. 15 despite the fact they have only nine healthy players, a problem shared by their intra-state rivals.
No. 15 Oklahoma State vs. UT Arlington
*When: 2 p.m. Saturday
*Where: College Park Center (Arlington, Texas)
*Radio: KGFY-FM 105.5
Oklahoma State (8-0);;;;;
UT Arlington (2-7);;;;;
That leaves the Cowgirls with nine healthy players, with all seeing an average of at least 11 minutes per game.
Because of the shorter bench, Littell has stressed that the Cowgirls need to take care of themselves. That means taking the proper steps to prevent injury and illness, eating right and get enough sleep.
Because on the basketball floor, Keller said the Cowgirls trust each other's abilities. And she looks at the fact that all nine players have contributed thus far — and could be needed during conference play — as a positive.
“It's easier to keep people happy,” she said. “And when you're happy, you play better.
“There's no hiding behind someone else. There's no relaxing and saying, ‘Oh, I'm just going to chill this game.' No. You're all going to play (and) you're all going to have to do something when you come in.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes